What does Schengen visa entitle the non European citizens to?

To enter any EU member state, and stay for a maximum period of 90 days in any countries in the Schengen area.

The citizens of those countries, the list of which can be found in the Second appendix of EK 539/2001 decree, can stay visa – free for 90 days in the Schengen area.

Which types do licenses have, which entitle you to enter any Schengen member state?

Visa A: transfer visa for airports

It entitles to enter the international zone of the airport and stay there until the departure of the flight to your aim state. It is compulsory for citizens from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kongo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Niger, Pakistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka.

Visa B: transit visa

It is entitled only to a transfer in Hungary, and entitled to a transfer, which occasionally is not longer than five days, once or many times.

This visa is valid on a limited area, and entitled to free moving only on the area of one or more member state.

Visa C: short term

This visa entitles to maximum 90 days long stay, within the period of 180 days. The visa application has to be handed in at the delegation of that member state, which country means the main destination, but if the visit affects more countries, usually the determinative country is the one where the applicant enters the Schengen area for the first time.

At the Hungarian delegation those applicants can hand in application, whose main destination is Hungary.

Visa D: long term

For those non EEA citizens, who want to stay more than 90 days, need a residence permit for other purposes, for earning, working, for the ensure of family living together, learning, seasonal employment, displacement inside the company, pursuing research, with official purpose, treatment, visiting, voluntary work, humanitarian act.

What do they have to certify at the handing in of visa?

The purpose of visit

The coverage of the cost of Hungarian staying and health care

The existence of accommodation during the staying

That after the expiry of staying they can leave the country

Which are the main rules of the handing in of Schengen Visa?

The application has to be handed in personally with an attached ID picture, within 3 months before the travelling at the consulate of competent member country, in the national country of the applicant or in the country where he stays legally.

The personal appearance is not necessary in case of organised package holiday.

Which countries are exempt of visa requirement?

Some non European citizens are entitled to enter the Schengen area and stay in some member countries for a period of maximum 90 days.

In case of staying for a longer period than 90 days they need to get permission depended on the pretence of staying.

Contact us for further information and service offers tailored to your needs!